[Xastir] NWS warning overlays still used?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 15 10:31:39 EDT 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> Yes, the tinted weather alerts work when --with-dbfawk is used to configure
> the sources.

Thanks.  Need to keep that in my head now.  I haven't seen any
lately, but I've probably not been looking in an area that had them.
I've been using the dbfawk stuff now for several weeks.

> With some massive rain that blew through here the past day or two, my county
> had 3 or 4 overlays... Even one overlay makes it hard to see the roads on
> the map. Would it be useful to change the overlay to something a bit less
> "covering"?

We could perhaps change to a bitmap that had some sort of
cross-hatching instead, but then it might be hard to get the other
lettering written across the area.

The togglebutton for enabling weather alerts was supposed to be the
solution.  I usually leave it enabled, but if I have alerts sweeping
through the area and need to read map details, I turn it off
temporarily.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer