[Xastir] IGATE with Xastir? RTFM?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 20 12:56:59 EDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Tyler Allison wrote:

> > It's okay to tell me to RTFM :)
> >
> > Do we have a doc on using Xastir as an Igate?
>
> Sorry..forgot to mention I want to send data from RF into Internet. I
> already have NWS to RF igate working.

There may be a few things in the docs or help file about it, but
here are the biggies:

1) Make sure you have a passcode entered for the network interface
you want to send to (so they'll accept your packets).
Interface->Properties.

2) Check the box for that interface that allows igating in the
direction(s) you wish.  Interface->Properties.

3) Enable the checkbox in Configure->Defaults for the same thing
(that's a global enable/disable).

4) It is recommended that you don't inject packets through multiple
internet connections.  It just causes dupes at the core servers and
doesn't help anyone.