[Xastir] Today's CVS and Fedora Core 2 - good!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 20 13:43:17 EDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Two side-by-side Xastir sessions, dbfawk enabled in both.  Weather
> alerts enabled in one.  Both connected to same filtered firenet
> feed.  The one with wx alerts enabled has higher memory usage, and
> in fact if I zoom in/out a few times with only the alerts showing
> (no other maps or stations enabled), I can make memory usage go up
> by megabytes.
>
> Need to try the same thing with a non-dbfawk compile.  That'll knock
> dbfawk out as a possible cause if the results are similar.

Running with two side-by-side non-dbfawk setups, same otherwise as
the above setup, I don't get that operation.  The one with weather
alerts enabled is running about 200k more memory than the other, and
it doesn't increase when I zoom in/out a bunch of times.  They are
both increasing slowly as more stations come in, as they should.

So... Looks like there may be a memory leak in the weather
alert/shapefile/dbfawk stuff which makes its presence known when
dbfawk and weather alerts are enable.