[Xastir] New Problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 24 12:59:40 EDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Michael Mullikin wrote:

> Well after everything seemed to be working great.Xastir no longer works
> with AGW.Gives me an error every time i try to run the agw interface.  It
> will work fine if i load a serial TNC and will control the tnc direct.
> Also I can load winpack and uiview and all works well with AGW.  To my
> knowledge i didnt do anything and i did not add any new programs.  so why
> wont Xastir load into AGW now.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions.  I reloaded AGW and got the same results.

Check your ports and such.  You should be connecting to "localhost"
port "8000" for an AGWPE connect.

Are you perhaps running a firewall that might be limiting
connections to certain ports?  If so, open up port 8000 to allow the
local computer to access it.  Closing it down to outside connects is
probably a good idea.