[XASTIR] Newbie Question (again)

Randy Whitney kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Mon May 24 06:44:05 EDT 2004

My thanks to all for the help and suggestions to install OpenMotif development
package for the install of Xastir.

Using YaST, I searched and found OpenMotif-devel is already installed on this
version of SuSE 9.0.

I am still receiving the error: during the ./configure stage.

kk6rw at linux:~/xastir> configure: error: *** Cannot find Motif include files:
Please install one of Motif/OpenMotif/Lesstif development packages. ***

 I did receive the following error when installing SuSE 9.0:

libjawt.so not available
    Required by:
        OpenOffice_org requires libjawt.so
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) Remove All 3 Conflicting Packages
            Delete OpenOffice_org-en
            Delete OpenOffice_org
            Delete OpenOffice_org-en-help
        ( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies
OpenOffice_org 1.1-64 conflict
    Unresolved Requirements:
        OpenOffice_org requires libjawt.so
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

This does not seem to be related to OpenMotif.

I'm very new to Linux environment and commands so I wonder if there is some
command I can run to allow the Xastir configure process to recognize the
installed OpenMotif module?

Thanks again for all your input. I appreciate any help or suggestions!

Randy Whitney
KK6RW