[XASTIR] Newbie Question (again)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 26 11:30:14 EDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Randy Whitney wrote:

> Using YaST, I searched and found OpenMotif-devel is already installed on this
> version of SuSE 9.0.

Good.

> libjawt.so not available
>     Required by:
>         OpenOffice_org requires libjawt.so

> This does not seem to be related to OpenMotif.

Correct.  Not related.

> I'm very new to Linux environment and commands so I wonder if there is some
> command I can run to allow the Xastir configure process to recognize the
> installed OpenMotif module?

Run this in an xterm or rxvt window:

    rpm -q -a | grep -i motif

And see what it returns.  On mine it is:

    openmotif-libs-2.2.2-365
    openmotif-devel-2.2.2-365
    openmotif-2.2.2-365

Make sure that all three libraries are installed.

You can bring up Yast2, switch to packages view (at the upper left),
then go to zzz_all or some-such to get a list of all possible
packages in the right window.  Go to the "open" alphabetical listing
and make sure the three packages I listed above are selected.