[Xastir] libgeotiff error

Hurt, Jay hurt at adcom911.org
Thu May 27 04:26:17 EDT 2004

Well, sorry, guys, here we go again.... I've given up on trying to get xastir to work with KDE (v3.1), just not sure what's going on there (works great with any other wm i use)... However, I tried to update my xastir to 1.3.2 at home and also now have a laptop with Slackware v9.1.  I am getting the same error message on both machines, but did not get it with the previous version of xastir (1.3.0).  Unfortunately I think I may be posting to the wrong place as I think it may be a libgeotiff issue.  I follow the INSTALL instructions, in the correct order, and I receive no build errors through the whole install process.

When I open an xterm window and fire up xastir, this is what I get:

bash-2.05b# /usr/local/bin/xastir &
[1] 10319
bash-2.05b# /usr/local/bin/xastir: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libgeotiff.so: undefined symbol: TIFFMergeFieldInfo

I hit <ENTER> and get this:

[1]+  Exit 127              /usr/local/bin/xastir
bash-2.05b#

I checked the libgeotiff.so file and this is what I see:

000094c0 t SortKeys
0001f080 d StatePlaneTable
00008550 t StringError
         U TIFFClientOpen
         U TIFFClose
         U TIFFdOpen
         U TIFFGetField
         U TIFFMergeFieldInfo
         U TIFFOpen
         U TIFFSetField
         U TIFFSetTagExtender
000093d0 t WriteKey
00007330 T XTIFFClientOpen
00007380 T XTIFFClose

libgeotiff.so is a link to libgeotiff.so.1 which is a link to libgeotiff.so.1.2
which is a link to libgeotiff.so.1.2.0
(hmmm interesting linking philosophy :-)

I am using these versions built from source:
proj-4.4.8
proj-nad27-1.1
tiff-v3.6.1
libgeotiff-1.2.0
xastir132-2004-Apr-16.gz

I know I must be missing something as I repeatedly get the same result on both machines now...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jay
73 de N0XVB

---
Jay Hurt
Adams County 911
Lead Dispatcher
N0XVB
DM79ox

"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them."
-Phil Pastoret