[Xastir] IGate AX.25 to Internet

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 8 22:55:31 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> Here's a packet as seen on findu:
> KI4HDU-9>APT311,RELAY,WIDE,qAo,KI4HDU-0:!3557.46N/08333.42Wk000/000/mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
>
> I was expecting to see the RELAY in the above replaced with KI4HDU-0*
>
> Can someone explain why it is working this way? Do I have something setup
> incorrectly or is this how it should work?

It looks correct to me.  What Xastir did as it igated the packet was
add ",KI4HDU-0,I" to the end of the header.  That's the igate
injection ID.  The server upstream from Xastir changed that to
",qAo,KI4HDU-0", so you can determine from the qAo code what sort of
system injected the packet into the internet stream.

The RELAY substitution would only happen on RF, not on the INET.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer