[Xastir] First time CVS install

Eric Gildersleeve eric at 4gildersleeve.us
Thu Nov 11 16:59:41 EST 2004

Hello, I have finally decided to splurge into this even though it seems like a
lot of people are having problems. And of course I am too.

I am trying to install Xastir using the cvs command. Below is what I have done
and the error I am receiving:

[root at wbar5 xastir]# make clean | tee make.log
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]# make -j3 2>&1
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]# make -j3 2>&1 | tee make.log
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]# make | tee make.log
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]# | tee make.log
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
[root at wbar5 xastir]# make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]# tee make.log

[root at wbar5 xastir]# (make clean;make -j3 2>&1) | tee make.log
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[root at wbar5 xastir]#

I have tried to do "make install" but it still won't let me, it complains
about this step.

Please tell me someone has an answer. Oh I am using the latest stable release
on Mandrake 10.1.
--
Eric M. Gildersleeve KD7CAO
P.O. Box 307020
eric at 4gildersleeve.us

The box said; "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX"