[Xastir] First time CVS install

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 11 17:18:51 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Eric Gildersleeve wrote:

> I am trying to install Xastir using the cvs command. Below is what I have done
> and the error I am receiving:
>
> [root at wbar5 xastir]# make clean | tee make.log
> make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

You have no makefiles or configure scripts generated yet.  What you
need to do first is run "./bootstrap.sh".

Be aware that you may need a couple of development tools installed
first, namely autoconf and automake, before this will work.

Also be aware that you may need to upgrade/downgrade these two tools
so that they work properly.  At times, too new or too old on either
of these tools, or having versions of the two that don't play well
with each other, might cause you problems.

Once you get the proper tools installed, you can run ./bootstrap.sh,
./configure, and then make as usual.  Any time files like
configure.ac, acinclude.m4, or Makefile.am are changed, you'll want
to re-run the ./bootstrap.sh script again.

What's a '7' call doing in TX?