Fwd: Re: [Xastir] First time CVS install

Eric Gildersleeve eric at 4gildersleeve.us
Thu Nov 11 23:26:31 EST 2004

I ran per the instructions of the CVS Readme:
	cd xastir
        cvs update (snag all the latest changes)
        ./bootstrap.sh
        ./configure
        (make clean;make -j3 2>&1) | tee make.log

The last command is where I am actually getting stuck!

I have tried several combinations including typing in the way it is:

make clean | tee make.log
make -j3 2>&1 | tee make.log
tee make.log
make.log
make | tee make.log

None of these work at all... So what is the simple command that I am missing?

Now when I do a ./configure I am getting an error that I didn't have before:

checking for Motif headers... configure: error: **** NO MOTIF HEADERS FOUND
**** install Motif  development headers or use --with-motif-includes to
specify location of Xm/Xm.h

Where do I find this? Mandrake 10.1 installs things in very different places I
am beginning to notice.

Thanks.