Fwd: Re: [Xastir] First time CVS install

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Nov 11 23:31:09 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:26:31PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <eric at 4gildersleeve.us> flavor, containing:
> I ran per the instructions of the CVS Readme:
> 	cd xastir
>         cvs update (snag all the latest changes)
>         ./bootstrap.sh
>         ./configure
>         (make clean;make -j3 2>&1) | tee make.log
>
> The last command is where I am actually getting stuck!
>
> I have tried several combinations including typing in the way it is:
>
> make clean | tee make.log
> make -j3 2>&1 | tee make.log
> tee make.log
> make.log
> make | tee make.log
>
> None of these work at all... So what is the simple command that I am missing?
>
> Now when I do a ./configure I am getting an error that I didn't have before:
>
> checking for Motif headers... configure: error: **** NO MOTIF HEADERS FOUND
> **** install Motif  development headers or use --with-motif-includes to
> specify location of Xm/Xm.h

There it is.  Configure failed, so it didn't create the makefiles.

> Where do I find this? Mandrake 10.1 installs things in very different places I
> am beginning to notice.

Do:
  find /usr -name Xm.h

If it finds one, then you can use the --with-motif-includes option to point
configure in the right direction.  If not, you'll have to install a package
or two.  Can't help you with that, but I'm sure another Mandrake user can
point you at the set of packages you need to get.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "Politics consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
                                      -- John Kenneth Galbraith