[Xastir] (no subject)

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Nov 12 13:29:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Some of us would like to split up the existing code and implement an
> SQL database back-end, plus a separate daemon to handle the
> interfaces.  This would also allow us to break the GUI into multiple
> pieces, so you could bring up a messaging window, a couple of
> mapping windows, etc, and connect to the database remotely as well
> from any of the clients.
 While the power and utility of a completely modular client-server
implementation as you describe would be seen by an experienced user, the
resulting complexity would be an insurmountable stepping stone for the new
user, especially one used to the monolithic model of the windows world.

(wow, I can't believe I just wrote a four-line sentence!)
--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin