[Xastir] (no subject)

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Fri Nov 12 13:35:27 EST 2004

Rick Green wrote:

[... Curt teases me with this recurrent xastir2 fantasy ...]

>  While the power and utility of a completely modular client-server
> implementation as you describe would be seen by an experienced user, the
> resulting complexity would be an insurmountable stepping stone for the new
> user, especially one used to the monolithic model of the windows world.

That is why the canonical client should be feature-identical to the
existing xastir.  This way, non-technical users will be comforted by the
software behaving the same as it did before and technical users can help
develop other clients.

> (wow, I can't believe I just wrote a four-line sentence!)

Heh.  I haven't been active enough in the xastir community for a while
due to still being juggled from the move, but I have been working on
other projects centered around databases with the hope of leveraging
that experience and assisting Curt and others with the next generation
of xastir.

Jack.
(me too, but no bricktext.)