[Xastir] Cygwin help

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Nov 13 00:26:51 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:46:26PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <remailer at ka3nam.com> flavor, containing:
> Attempting to run Xastir via Cygwin. I'd like to show my windows friends what
> their missing w/Xastir...
>
> I believe I checked and re-checked the README.win32 file and have downloaded
> the appropriate packages (??????). CVS seemed to have gone OK. Here's what
> happens next... Ideas????
>

> $ ./bootstrap.sh
> Removing autom4te.cache directory
> Running aclocal
> aclocal: not found
> Running autoheader
> autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in
> configure.ac
> Running autoconf
> configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please
> use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_CONFIG_HEADER
> configure.ac:170: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_CHECK_GMTOFF
> configure.ac:303: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AM_CONDITIONAL
> Running automake
> automake: not found
> Bootstrap complete.

It looks like you did not install automake.  ALl of the complaints above are
about missing components of automake.  (aclocal is installed by automake, and
the complaints about AM_.... are because data from automake isn't available to
autoconf).

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "Politics consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
                                      -- John Kenneth Galbraith