[Xastir] WAAS/EGNOS, Xastir Igate

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Sat Nov 13 14:18:58 EST 2004

Hi,

Firstly, what I'm wondering is if anyone on the list here knows the
status of EGNOS at the moment?  I've been looking at one sat on the
display of my GPS-V for a while now.  From most of the documentation
I've found it seems to be broadcasting a "do not use" signal at the
moment. Does anyone on this list have any better information?

Recently we got Ei3RCW the Amateur Radio station in W.I.T. (www.wit.ie
where i work) back on the air. APRS is only in its infancy around here.
I'm planning to put a permanent APRS Igate running on the packet node
there (after I rebuild it), is it safe to assume that xastir is stable
enough to be used in this capacity?

Thanks,
John

--