[Xastir] XASTIR not picking up maps

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Nov 13 20:02:01 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 10:26:02AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <vk4tec at tech-software.net> flavor, containing:
> OHow does one tell ?
>
> [root at localhost maps]# rpm -q --all | grep agic
> magicdev-1.1.4-4
> ImageMagick-6.1.3-7
> [root at localhost maps]#

It doesn't look like that "magicdev" is actually the "development package"
corresponding to ImageMagick.  That's probably why things are failing.

You probably want something more like "ImageMagick-devel".

I don't think INSTALL is very clear on that, but that's probably because the
package management of various linux distros is so different you can't document
everything that it takes to get all linuxen working.  I think most of the
developers probably install from sources rather than pakages, so some of the
documentation might be lacking in its descriptions of what binary packages
to install anyway.

What Linux are you using?  (sounds like RedHat) Perhaps someone else who uses
that system can tell you the exact package names you need.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "Politics consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
                                      -- John Kenneth Galbraith