[Xastir] XASTIR not picking up maps

Daniel H. Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Sat Nov 13 20:18:32 EST 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Tom Russo wrote:
> It doesn't look like that "magicdev" is actually the "development package"
> corresponding to ImageMagick.  That's probably why things are failing.
>
> You probably want something more like "ImageMagick-devel".
>
> I don't think INSTALL is very clear on that, but that's probably because the
> package management of various linux distros is so different you can't document
> everything that it takes to get all linuxen working.  I think most of the
> developers probably install from sources rather than pakages, so some of the
> documentation might be lacking in its descriptions of what binary packages
> to install anyway.
>
> What Linux are you using?  (sounds like RedHat) Perhaps someone else who uses
> that system can tell you the exact package names you need.

FWIW - my "solution" was to rpm -e the Imagemagick rpm, then build/install
from source. Maybe not an ideal solution for rpm lovers, but it worked for
me. Source, etc available here:

http://www.imagemagick.org/www/download.html

and there's -devel RPM's available under the linux area:

http://www.imagemagick.net/download/linux/

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org