[Xastir] XASTIR not picking up maps

vk4tec vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Nov 13 20:02:29 EST 2004

Dough - guess what I am running RH 9.0

     Note: Red Hat 9.0's install of Image Magick does not work with
     XASTIR.  It will need to be removed and installed from sources.
     If w3m text based web browser is installed, you will need to remove
     it before removing ImageMagick:

        rpm -e w3m
        rpm -e ImageMagick

     Download the ImageMagic sources from:

ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-5.5.7-10.tar.gz

     Uncompress/untar them...

        tar -xzvf im*

     Change directory to the newly created ImageMagick directory and
     compile:

        cd im*
        ./configure
        make
        su -c 'make install'

     These instructions are courtesy of Wes Johnston.