[Xastir] Xastir on HPUX 11.11 for pa/risc ?

Daniel H. Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Mon Nov 15 19:23:52 EST 2004

Has anyone else tried Xastir on HPUX 11.11 for PA/RISC?  I was able to get
it compiled and working, but haven't really tested it yet. I can write
up better details, if there is anyone else out there who is interested.

Quick few tips:

- Installed various needed packages and libraries downloaded from:

http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/

I'm not sure all of the following are needed, and, this leaves out a few
like ImageMagick, but here's a list of the HPUX depot files I've collected:

X11R6incs-4.3.0-sd-11.11.depot
XR6built-6.11-sd-9.03.tar
autoconf-2.59-sd-11.11.depot
automake-1.9-sd-11.11.depot
bash-3.0-sd-11.00.depot
bison-1.875-sd-11.11.depot
cvs-1.11.17-sd-11.11.depot
db-4.2.52-sd-11.11.depot
flex-2.5.4a-sd-11.11.depot
gawk-3.1.4-sd-11.11.depot
lesstif-0.93.94-sd-11.11.depot
libiconv-1.9.2-sd-11.11.depot
lsof-4.72-sd-11.11.depot
m4-1.4.2-sd-11.11.depot
make-3.80-sd-11.11.depot
perl-5.8.5-sd-11.11.depot
sudo-1.6.7p5-sd-11.00.depot
tusc-7.7-sd-11.11.depot
wget-1.9.1-sd-11.11.depot

- Installed HP's version of binutils and gcc off of:

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,4682,00.html

binutils_2.15a_hppa-hp-hpux11.11_depot
gcc_3.4.2_hppa-hp-hpux11.11_depot

HPUX 11.11 doesn't seem to have seteuid and setegid calls so:

- Intalled and linked against HP's Linux libraries:

http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/LPK/

- Changed a couple #include <strings.h>  to:

#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
#  include <string.h>
#else
#  include <strings.h>
#endif

- added  #include <sys/modem.h> to interface.h

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org