[Xastir] Xastir on HPUX 11.11 for pa/risc ?

Daniel H. Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Tue Nov 16 08:33:08 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:47:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: Curt Mills <archer at eskimo.com>
> To: Daniel H. Brown <brown at brauhausdc.org>
> Cc: xastir at xastir.org
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Xastir on HPUX 11.11 for pa/risc ?
>
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Daniel H. Brown wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else tried Xastir on HPUX 11.11 for PA/RISC?  I was able to get
>> it compiled and working, but haven't really tested it yet. I can write
>> up better details, if there is anyone else out there who is interested.
>
> I tried to get one or two guys interested in doing this in the past
> but had no response.
>
> I'd love to get these instructions into our README and/or INSTALL
> files, and put in specific #ifdef's for HPUX.

k.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there may need to be an evaluation of
whether strings.h or string.h should be used, across the board.  Need to do
more research on that, myself.  I don't know the answer.  K&R use string.h,
so, I'm going to guess that might be more portable.

>  Can you help me to do that and
> test it?

Sure. It ran, but was getting segfaults when it connected to an APRS IS
server. Not so useful at the moment ;-)

>> - added  #include <sys/modem.h> to interface.h
>
> We'd need to wrap that in an #ifdef so that it didn't get included
> except for HPUX.  What's something we can key off that would be more
> general than a specific HPUX ifdef?

I'll have to poke around some. Maybe, simply, the existance of sys/modem
along with HPUX_someversion?

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org