[Xastir] Online tigermaps display

Daniel H. Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Sun Nov 21 12:35:57 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:19:58 -0800
> From: KK6RW <kk6rw at kk6rw.com>
> To: xastir at xastir.org
> Subject: [Xastir] Online tigermaps display
>
> Hello all,
>
>    After a catrostophic hard drive failure, I have Xastir / Cygwin reloaded
> and running but cannot get the online tigermaps to display less than range
> scale 1600km. The following is listed:
>
> curlerr is Operation timed out with 0 out of -1 bytes received

That looks like it is having trouble getting data from the 'net

> DB->get: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found

This is just a warning from the caching routines that you don't have
anything for this particular view in the cache database, currently.  In the
code, it should be a "fall through" sort of thing, where, if you don't have
something in the cache, it will fall through into the normal "download a
new copy" from tiger.census.gov.

I'm installing cygwin this morning, and will see if I see the same problem.
More in a bit.

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org