[Xastir] Online tigermaps display

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 22 11:04:28 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Daniel H. Brown wrote:

> > DB->get: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
>
> This is just a warning from the caching routines that you don't have
> anything for this particular view in the cache database, currently.  In the
> code, it should be a "fall through" sort of thing, where, if you don't have
> something in the cache, it will fall through into the normal "download a
> new copy" from tiger.census.gov.
>
> I'm installing cygwin this morning, and will see if I see the same problem.
> More in a bit.

For anyone who hasn't guessed by now, Daniel Brown wrote some nice
map caching code for online Tigermaps.  If you have the proper db
libraries and header files installed, Xastir's configure will find
them and automatically compile in the caching support.  The caching
of course reduces our load on the Tigermap server, which improves
its response for everyone else.

If you've tried this map caching and have positive or negative
comments about how it works, I'm sure Dan would like to hear them.
It's the first implementation, but for what it does it does it fast!