[Xastir] Switching into Converse Mode

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Nov 21 14:09:14 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> I'm running a Wi-Sys 7110 for APRS and have been experimenting with it and
> Xastir. Everything seems to be running fine except for Xmit. Xastir sends a
> "k" to the TNC when it wants to send a beacon, the Wi-Sys box wants to see
> "CONV" or "CONVERSE". Is there a way to change the "k" to what ever is
> needed? I would change this in the Wi-Sys box, but...it can't.
>
> I'll obviously float a mirrored version of this question the the Wi-Sys bunch
> and see if they would be interested in changing things on their end...???
>
> Either way, I'd be interested in a "quick fix"...

Now that's funny.  It was changed from "CONV" to "k" because of a
european TNC that only implemented a subset of the spec.  Most TNC's
respond to either, so we changed it so that one TNC would work as
well.  Now you have the opposite case.

See lines 7756 and 8377 of xastir/src/interface.c.

We could perhaps make this a config option at some point.  Seems we
need it now, but it sure is annoying that the TNC command sets are
diverging like they are.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer