[Xastir] Switching into Converse Mode

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Sun Nov 21 10:39:15 EST 2004

I'm running a Wi-Sys 7110 for APRS and have been experimenting with it and
Xastir. Everything seems to be running fine except for Xmit. Xastir sends a
"k" to the TNC when it wants to send a beacon, the Wi-Sys box wants to see
"CONV" or "CONVERSE". Is there a way to change the "k" to what ever is
needed? I would change this in the Wi-Sys box, but...it can't.

I'll obviously float a mirrored version of this question the the Wi-Sys bunch
and see if they would be interested in changing things on their end...???

Either way, I'd be interested in a "quick fix"...

-Joe
KA3NAM