[Xastir] Server Port vs. Internet Server?

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Sat Nov 27 16:11:32 EST 2004

Curt,

After comparing the outputs of an APRS Internet server and the Xastir
server port I think you are right; Dmapper is looking for a different
line-end. I can email the author of Dmapper to see if he will consider
modifying his code, or is this something that should be changed at the
Xastir end?

I did find a roundabout way of making it work (without writing any new
code) if anyone is interested in connecting Dmapper to Xastir. Here is
my current configuration:

Xastir connected to TNC (via serial port)
UI-View32 connected to Xastir server port (127.0.0.1:2023)
Dmapper connected to UI-View32 server port (127.0.0.1:1448)

It requires using UI-View32 as the "middleman", but it isn't really a
big deal to add UI-View. Still, it would be nice to make it connect
directly without any additional programs.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin
KB9MQU