[Xastir] Server Port vs. Internet Server?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 27 15:44:16 EST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Kevin Ratcliff wrote:

> Also, I guess I should mention that Dmapper does decode MY position when
> connected to the Xastir server port, just not any of the others. I am
> set up without a transmitter right now so it is decoding my position
> directly through the server port without any digipeating.

It sounds to me like it might be a line-end issue.  Note that Linux
uses <LF> for line-ends, MacOS uses <CR> for line-ends (but does
MacOSX now use <LF> too?), and Winders uses <CR><LF> for line-ends.

I'd have to look in the code to see what Xastir does, but it's
typical for internet connections to use <CR> as the line-end and
nothing else.

Perhaps DMapper is expecting something different that what Xastir
supplies for line-ends on the server port.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer