[Xastir] Server Port vs. Internet Server?

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Sat Nov 27 15:30:21 EST 2004

Andrew,

Thanks for the Perl code. However, I was hoping to make this work by
connecting Dmapper directly to the Xastir server port using its built-in
feature. Since Dmapper successfully connects to APRS Internet servers I
assumed it would work with the Xastir server port as well. If the format
of the Xastir server port is different than the format of the APRS
Internet servers then I understand why it doesn't work.

If they are both sending the data with the same format then I'm still
puzzled as to why I can't get this setup to work. This could be an
Xastir issue, a Dmapper issue, or most likely user error on my part! If
nobody has any suggestions then I can email the author of Dmapper, but
since Xastir has a support group and Dmapper doesn't I thought I'd start
here.

Also, I guess I should mention that Dmapper does decode MY position when
connected to the Xastir server port, just not any of the others. I am
set up without a transmitter right now so it is decoding my position
directly through the server port without any digipeating.

Thanks.

Kevin
KB9MQU