[Xastir] Server Port vs. Internet Server?

Andrew Rich (VK4TEC) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Nov 27 15:10:05 EST 2004

How to connect to XASTIR server socket using PERL

Do you need an intermediatory program ? Are the formats the same ?

You can do this by hand too ;-)

telnet 192.168.0.188 2023
user VK4TEC pass 21694 vers XASTIR 1.3.3 <rtn>

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Net::Telnet;
my $host = "192.168.0.188";
my $t = new Net::Telnet(Timeout => '5',port => '2023');
$t->errmode('return');
$t->Net::Telnet::open($host);
print $t "user VK4TEC pass 21694 vers XASTIR 1.3.3\n";
while (<$t>)
{
print $t }
}