[Xastir] No joy in 64-bit FC3ville last night

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 1 10:22:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Richard E. Polivka wrote:

> Can someone go and let me know what I have to do to capture the compile
> messages (has to do with a redirect to a file but I do not know how to
> pull it off) and what to do to turn on any tracing to find out the
> offending party.

    (make 2>&1) | tee make.log

That will show them to you on the screen, pipe STDERR to STDOUT,
then redirect STDOUT to a file.  The parenthesis cause the enclosed
portion to be run in a subshell.

"xastir -v2047" will turn on all debug messages.

Another method is to run the program under a debugger, but the
debugger has to be capable of handling multi-threaded/multi-process
programs and keeping track of all the pieces.