[Xastir] Anyone done a 64-bit compile?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 2 10:39:20 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Curt Mills wrote:
>
> >> Actually, this reminds me. Perhaps a generated-on-the-fly shapefile is a
> >> reasonable way to display "objects" like 802.11 network you encounter on a
> >> map?
> >
> > Yep, or create an object for each network and then move it around to
> > make a map of the network?  You could do that via the server port of
> > Xastir.
>
> the what?
>
> guess i'll go use grep now...

The server port.  Port 2023.  Telnet to that port after enabling it
in the Interface menu and you'll connect to Xastir.  It can handle
multiple connects and spawns off a separate process for each
connect.  If you hook up there and then send objects into it with
the same callsign as the Xastir instance is using, the Xastir
instance will adopt them as it's own and retransmit them if you
allow it to.  Whatever FROM callsign you use, Xastir will allow you
to save the track as a shapefile when you're done.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer