[Xastir] Terraserver Images

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 2 11:34:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

> Not sure how xastir grabs images but Terraserver now has several sets of
> images for most areas.  I think xastir just uses the USGS images which I
> believe are supposed to be reshot every 10 years...but how quickly they
> make it to Terraserver is another matter.

> I did notice the new color images they have are VERY up to date.

We just use a URL to snag them, so we create the URL out of what we
know of your current view in Xastir, request that image, then
georeference it and display it to you.  We do that a couple of
different ways for the topo and satellite images from there.  If you
have an example URL for snagging a color image we could look into
adding them to our repertoire for Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer