[Xastir] UI-View .pos files ?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 3 23:19:33 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> Can Xastir display UI-View .pos files? or has someone written a script to
> convert them to shapefiles or something similar?

Nearest good conversions would be Point Shapefiles or GNIS files.

Nobody's done a conversion to my knowledge.  Wouldn't be very
difficult to do in a Perl script though.

I think those files just contain APRS objects or items, so you might
be able to treat them like a log file and suck them in.  Worth a
shot anyway.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer