[Xastir] Setting up Maps in Xastir-Linux

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 4 14:02:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Eric Gildersleeve wrote:

> I have been trying to use my Street Atlas 9.0 and 2004 maps, as well as my
> Topo maps with Xastir. According to what I understand it is possible. But, I
> have not been able to get anything to work. I can't even get Xastir to load
> any of the default maps. All I get is a square box with all of the position
> reports in it.

I'm sorry to say you may have been misinformed.  We don't interface
to any commercial map programs.  We do interface to some
internet-based map servers and to many types of map file formats.

Check out the README.MAPS README.Getting-Started, and INSTALL files
for lots of info.

What version of Xastir are you using?