[Xastir] Help! I'm stuck in usradar.geo and can't get out!

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 5 22:10:17 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Rick Green wrote:

>   WHat's the definition of the 'automaps' switch?  I find that I can't get
> any maps to display unless I enable automaps for that map.  So why does it
> exist if it always has to be on?

Ah, there's the problem.  That was the original way to have Xastir
load maps that fit the proper screen.  I never use that anymore.
That's why you're having maps that you don't have selected end up
getting loaded anyway.  Turn that off and then repeat your
experiments with maps.

With automaps on, the entire selection process is under Xastir's
control, and it loads ALL maps that might fit on the screen.
Basically you don't want to use that anymore except when you've set
things up carefully in Map Chooser->Properties so that only certain
sets of maps might be loaded that way.  Even then, I don't use it
anymore.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer