[Xastir] Problems compiling rel 1.4.0

Chris Hare chare at chris-hare.com
Tue Oct 5 18:38:44 EDT 2004

I decided to move to 1.4.0 today when I realized I was still running 1.2.1

I got all the updated components and everything seems to compile correctly.
xastir starts up, complains about festival, which is okay because it isn't
running.  xastir can't open my first interface and complains.  When I select
Interfaces->Start/Stop, xastir crashes.  The output during startup and crash
are below.

It is 100% consistent.  Any ideas or do I need to include the debug code?
Is it possible I have a library out of sync somewhere?

Thanks!

Chris
W5CDN

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
Language String not found:IFDNL00013
No hotkey for:PULDNVI015
Language String not found:PULDNVI015
Language String not found:PULDNDP051
Language String not found:PULDNDP053
Language String not found:PULDNDP052
Language String not found:PULDNDP049
Language String not found:PULDNDP050
Language String not found:PULDNTNT11
No hotkey for:PULDNTNT10
Language String not found:PULDNTNT10
No hotkey for:POPUPMA026
Language String not found:POPUPMA026
Language String not found:POPUPMA029
Language String not found:POPUPMA030
Language String not found:POPUPMA031
Language String not found:POPUPMA032
Language String not found:POPUPMA033
Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
Last incoming line was: Port1:VA3KS>WIDE,WIDE,qAo,VE3XZT:;VE3WCC
*040001z4515.91N/07557.44WEWCARC Meeting Tuesday at 7:30pm
17:40:04