[Xastir] Problems compiling rel 1.4.0

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 7 11:11:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Chris Hare wrote:

> I decided to move to 1.4.0 today when I realized I was still running 1.2.1
>
> I got all the updated components and everything seems to compile correctly.
> xastir starts up, complains about festival, which is okay because it isn't
> running.  xastir can't open my first interface and complains.  When I select
> Interfaces->Start/Stop, xastir crashes.  The output during startup and crash
> are below.
>
> It is 100% consistent.  Any ideas or do I need to include the debug code?
> Is it possible I have a library out of sync somewhere?

More likely you've got a config file that doesn't match the current
Xastir.  I can't recall when we changed our directory structure, but
it was right around that time.  You can try running the two
migration scripts that reside in xastir/scripts (one as root, one as
each user that runs Xastir) to attempt to clean up your config file
and to move your maps to the new area.

If that fails, you can just move your config file out of the way by
renaming it, then start up Xastir with a clean slate and it will
create a new config file for you.  You'll have to move your
directory structure yourself in that case.  The old area was
"/usr/local/xastir/*".  New areas are:

    /usr/local/lib/xastir/    (scripts)
    /usr/local/share/xastir/  (most everything else)
    /usr/local/bin/           (binaries)

Hopefully that solves your problem.  It seems likely that's where
the problem lies anyway.