[Xastir] Also problems with Tigermaps

kd1yv at arrl.net kd1yv at arrl.net
Sun Oct 10 15:26:24 EDT 2004

OK, I am also having problems getting Tigermaps to load.  Mine is a new
install, and I have compiled in everything that I could find a reference.
ImageMagick is specifically in there, and shows in the Xastir help file.

When I first start Xastir, I came across the following, and wonder if it is
somehow related, especially the bad character in the map file path.

My environment:
Suse 9.1, Dell P4 2.8 GHz mod 400SC
Cable connection to net, usually through router, but doesn't seem to make any
difference if I patch direct to the cable modem.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output4
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\132' not supported in font.  Discarded.

Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output4
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\157' not supported in font.  Discarded.

{buncha these, deleted for brevity}

index_update_directory: Found control char 0x1f in map file/map directory
name:
{deleted the bad characters}/
index_update_directory: Bad input:
Warning:
    Name: create_appshell text_output
    Class: XmTextField
    Character '\123' not supported in font.  Discarded.