[Xastir] Also problems with Tigermaps

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 10 17:12:07 EDT 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 kd1yv at arrl.net wrote:

> OK, I am also having problems getting Tigermaps to load.  Mine is a new
> install, and I have compiled in everything that I could find a reference.
> ImageMagick is specifically in there, and shows in the Xastir help file.

Do terraserver or toposerver maps work?  Are you getting an image
file in ~/.xastir/tmp when you try to do tigermaps?

Their server (tigermap) is sometimes down, sometimes slow.  The
terraserver site is much more available and much faster, but of
course has different maps.

> When I first start Xastir, I came across the following, and wonder if it is
> somehow related, especially the bad character in the map file path.

> Warning:
>     Name: create_appshell text_output4
>     Class: XmTextField
>     Character '\132' not supported in font.  Discarded.

See the FAQ file.  It's probably your LANG setting.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer