[Xastir] Tigermap Still Giving Trouble (fwd)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 11 11:35:43 EDT 2004

FYI.  Last one for now.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:43:17 -0400
From: Michael J. Wolthuis <wolthui3 at msu.edu>
To: 'Curt Mills' <archer at eskimo.com>
Subject: RE: [Xastir] Tigermap Still Giving Trouble

Permissions no fix still same issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Mills [mailto:archer at eskimo.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 11:06 PM
To: Michael J. Wolthuis
Cc: archer at eskimo.com

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Michael J. Wolthuis wrote:

> I have disabled all other maps, except Weather Alerts (Not really a map?).
>
> Neither teraserver or toposerver maps display either.
>
> I also have radar .geo files downloaded and those are not displaying
either.

> Could it be a directory permissions issue?  The maps are all indexed okay
> though.  Appears permissions on the directories are root.users

Could be permissions.  What you describe above (root.users) is
ownership though, not permissions.  They can be owned by anyone, but
the permissions for owner/group/other are what allow various groups
of users to change directories or read/write the files.

You probably want rwxr-xr-x permissions on the directories, and
rw-r--r-- permissions on the files.  That lets anyone on the system
change into the directories and read the files, but only allows the
owner to write to them.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer