[Xastir] Canadian topo maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 11 11:56:30 EDT 2004

Two new scripts were added to Xastir last week, "toporama250k.pl"
and "toporama50k.pl".  By invoking one of these scripts you will
download either the 1:250k or 1:50k sets of Canadian Toporama topo
maps.  The script then creates the .geo files that Xastir needs to
georeference the images.  You'll also have to index the maps within
Xastir as the final step.

I believe they cover all of Canada, so these downloads are quite
large.  The 1:50k set of maps is of course much larger than the
1:250k set:

    250k: 404MB (w/.geo files generated)
     50k: 5.6GB (w/.geo files generated)

You may still use the online version of the toporama maps from
within Xastir, but for mobile operation or for dial-up lines you
might want to get your own local set of topo maps installed and use
them instead, as described above.