[Xastir] DF object questions

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Oct 13 11:39:47 EDT 2004

I've got some questions about DF objects.

If I'm creating an object and select "DF Object" and "Omni Antenna" I
can select a heading, but this just shifts the center of an omni
circle.  I can also select signal strength and antenna gain.

Why isn't there any sort of signal strength or range indication if a
create a DF object with a beam antenna?

Is there a way to denote "negative" gain, i.e., I'm receiving a signal
with strength S with X dB of attenuation?

And on a related (but off topic) note, does anyone know the beam width
for the Arrow dual band handheld yagi?

I'm not sure if these are protocol questions or xastir questions, but
I'll start here since xastir is my software of choice.

-Jason
kg4wsv