[Xastir] Speech Proximity Alert

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 13 13:08:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, William McKeehan wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea how difficult it would be to have the Speech
> Proximity alert only sound off once for each station?
>
> I would like to be alerted when a new station is within my proximity without
> hearing every time they beacon.
>
> I guess a more elaborate solution would have a list and stations not heard
> within the proximity would expire from the list after a set period. This would
> allow you to hear "Bob" as he drives by on the way to work in the morning,
> then hear him again on his way home.

It would take a cache of alerts and rules to handle them.  Another
thing that would be nice would be to have the proximity system
ignore objects/items placed by my own station, and to ignore
stations that aren't moving (alert once, then don't alert again if
they haven't moved).

Perhaps add these to the feature request list?