[Xastir] Speech Proximity Alert

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Oct 13 13:24:19 EDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> It would take a cache of alerts and rules to handle them.  Another
> thing that would be nice would be to have the proximity system
> ignore objects/items placed by my own station, and to ignore
> stations that aren't moving (alert once, then don't alert again if
> they haven't moved).

  Or only alert when they cross the proximity threshold?  If prev position
is outside, and current position is inside then alert, else quiet.  This
algorithm would automatically exempt non-moving objects.  No
cache, no timeouts.  Just using the data already at hand.
  A separate test could be made for objects leaving the proximity, which
might play a short clip from 'American Pie'  ;-)  Some might choose the
'open door/close door' audio clips from the AOL IM client...

 --
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin