[Xastir] Speech Proximity Alert

Rich Hall rich at netlynx.us
Wed Oct 13 14:04:54 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U reportedly mumbled something about:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, William McKeehan wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any idea how difficult it would be to have the Speech
>> Proximity alert only sound off once for each station?
>>
>> I would like to be alerted when a new station is within my proximity without
>> hearing every time they beacon.
>>
>> I guess a more elaborate solution would have a list and stations not heard
>> within the proximity would expire from the list after a set period. This would
>> allow you to hear "Bob" as he drives by on the way to work in the morning,
>> then hear him again on his way home.
>
> It would take a cache of alerts and rules to handle them.  Another
> thing that would be nice would be to have the proximity system
> ignore objects/items placed by my own station, and to ignore
> stations that aren't moving (alert once, then don't alert again if
> they haven't moved).
>
> Perhaps add these to the feature request list?

Yes, this would be a VERY nice feature/enhancement. I reached the level of "That is
cute enough" and shut off the speech stuff some time back because of the lack of
such function.

-R

 Rich Hall
 rich at netlynx.us
 http://www.netlynx.us/rich/
 ham radio: kf6arx
 No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message; however,
 a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.