[Xastir] Compiling Xastir with ax25

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 20 11:16:39 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Ron Perry wrote:

> I can't seem to get the configure script to recognise that I have the
> packages/libs needed. Libranet (Debian testing)

Needed for what?  You have a pretty good selection going there.
What is it that you still want to get included in the compile?
Just AX.25?

Looks like you passed three out of the four tests.  Do you have all
of the correct pieces for your kernel version?  Have you compiled
your kernel with AX.25 support or verified that it already has it?
That portion of our configure script is checking that it can compile
a test program that uses some AX.25 capability, and it is failing.
Check "config.log" for the details and it may give you more info.

Of the remaining libraries, geoTIFF may be of limited use to you in
your country, depending on what data sources are available.  Of the
GDAL/OGR library, only the OGR part is currently implemented, and it
is still being worked on, but is starting to become useful.  The
last two are really for developers only.