[Xastir] Compiling Xastir with ax25

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Wed Oct 20 11:53:30 EDT 2004

Hi Curt,
Thanks for the reply.
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 01:16, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Ron Perry wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to get the configure script to recognise that I have the
> > packages/libs needed. Libranet (Debian testing)
>
> Needed for what?  You have a pretty good selection going there.
> What is it that you still want to get included in the compile?
> Just AX.25?

yes just ax25
I have ax25 running

> Looks like you passed three out of the four tests.  Do you have all
> of the correct pieces for your kernel version?  Have you compiled
> your kernel with AX.25 support or verified that it already has it?
> That portion of our configure script is checking that it can compile
> a test program that uses some AX.25 capability, and it is failing.
> Check "config.log" for the details and it may give you more info.

>From config.log.  ax25_config_load_ports

configure:11865: checking for ax25_config_load_ports in -lax25
configure:11898: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -pipe -Wall -pthread
-I/usr/local/includ
e   -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/local/lib   -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.c
-lax25
-lXpm -lrt -lXm -lXt -lXp -lXext -lm   -lSM -lICE -lX11  -lshp -lpcre
-lproj -lt
iff -lgeotiff >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lax25
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:11901: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 11872 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char ax25_config_load_ports ();
#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{
ax25_config_load_ports ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:11918: result: no
configure:11986: checking gdal.h usability

> Of the remaining libraries, geoTIFF may be of limited use to you in
> your country, depending on what data sources are available.  Of the
> GDAL/OGR library, only the OGR part is currently implemented, and it
> is still being worked on, but is starting to become useful.  The
> last two are really for developers only.

But I did compile Geotiff and GDAL/OCR from source for something to do
:-)

> > checking netax25/ax25.h usability... yes
> > checking netax25/ax25.h presence... yes
> > checking for netax25/ax25.h... yes
> > checking for ax25_config_load_ports in -lax25... no

This last line looks like the problem.
But how to resolve it?

TIA
Regards,