[Xastir] Digipeating final solution!

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Wed Sep 1 09:21:48 EDT 2004

After finding a local running exactly the combo I was looking for, I can
confirm Tapio's assessment of my situation.

Both Xastir and Digi-ned can run on the same machine and share the
tnc/radios via the kernal. Xastir talks to the kernal, digi-ned talks to the
kernal, the kernal talks to the tncs > radios.

Perfecto!

In the beginning, I'll leave the UI-View32 running with agwpe on a windows
box. I'll now add Xastir on a dedicated linux box on the same network,
talking to agwpe, which supervises the tncs to radio connections. This will
allow me to fully play with Xastir, become familliar with what and how it
does its thing, and probably confuse myself completely!

Thanks for all the input. Now it's just waiting for Debian to show up. More
questions likely to follow as I dig in.

...hasan, N0AN