[Xastir] Digipeating final solution!

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Sep 1 09:42:00 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, hasan schiers wrote:

> In the beginning, I'll leave the UI-View32 running with agwpe on a windows
> box. I'll now add Xastir on a dedicated linux box on the same network,
> talking to agwpe, which supervises the tncs to radio connections. This will
> allow me to fully play with Xastir, become familliar with what and how it
> does its thing, and probably confuse myself completely!
As you migrate your radios and TNC's to the Linux box, you can enable the
server port on xastir, and point UI-View32 at it just as you would any
other APRS-IS server.

> Thanks for all the input. Now it's just waiting for Debian to show up. More
> questions likely to follow as I dig in.
  Why wait?  Download the latest Knoppix .iso (www.knoppix.org), burn it
to CD, boot from it.  Once you've convinced yourself that it supports all
your hardware, run `sudo knx-hdinstall` and commit it to the hard disk.
>From there, you've got a basic Debian sytem, and you can use apt-get to
install whatever additional packages you need.  It's sometimes a steep
learning curve, with many twisting passages, but well worth it!

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin