[Xastir] Cannot load map

IZ4EFN Alessio iz4efn at libero.it
Thu Sep 2 12:16:54 EDT 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, IZ4EFN Alessio wrote:
>

>>I converted a map with the inf2geo.pl utility, and I created a .geo file.
>>
>>I copied it into the /usr/local/share/xastir/maps folder, and checked
>>that "disable all maps" was unsigned.
>>
>>Then I tryed to load the map from the menu highlighting its name, I see
>>in the bottom of the window the "loading map" message but nothing
>>happends, map is not loaded.
>>

>You might try reindexing all of your maps, particularly if you might
>have indexed it once with an incorrect .geo file.  Also make sure
>that you're only selecting one map at a time during testing.  It's
>quite easy to overlay some maps with others, obscuring the lower
>maps in the map stackup.
>
>I'm going to assume that your ImageMagick is functional.  If you are
>seeing the map filenames appear in the Map Chooser, then at least
>part of it is working.  You might try "display filename" from an
>xterm window to see if the ImageMagick "display" function can
>display that file properly.
>
>--
>Curt, WE7U			         http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
>"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
>"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Thanks Curt for answering.
I reindexed all the maps, but anything changed. Only one map is selected
at a time.

I did not understand what I should do to check if ImageMagick is
running, anyway I can see correctly map filenames in the map chooser.

An Italian OM told me He encountered the same problem and the solution
was changing all the coordinates referencies in the .geo file from 44.80
to 44,80 (example), something like a conversion mistake. I did, but
nothing at all...

Alessio IZ4EFN